Name:
Location: New Castle, Indiana

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Do people read blogs?

I just read an article about a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll that says most Americans don't know what a blog is. I suppose that's true. I've just recently been turned on to blogs. But, I think its probably going to catch on.

I went to a workshop on reinventing libraries last week. It was really good. Great facilitators. And I got to hear a my new favorite tech person talk about the future of technology in libraries. And actually, after hearing him talk about 3 weeks ago, I came home and started this blog. But anyway, the workshop last week got me thinking about how technology is used in my library. I think technology is great and I like to have all the newest gadgets personally. I'm finding out that other libraries are really using some new technology in really interesting ways to reach their users. I get so excited because I really want to try some of this stuff in my library. Hence, my new library blog. Another thing that I'm trying is IM a Librarian. So, we'll see how that goes. But I started thinking that in New Castle people aren't really tech savy. We have a lot of blue collar workers and not many jobs that require people to be familiar with new technology. It's frustrating to me because I feel like the library is driving technology in my community and not the other way around. So, I don't know if this is good or bad. Somebody has to lead the way. It might as well be the library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home