Name:
Location: New Castle, Indiana

Thursday, April 14, 2005

A funny thing happened at the reference desk...

I was just getting ready to leave work Tuesday evening when I was asked to come assist at the reference desk. We have a fairly new part-time employee working there and she was having trouble finding some information for a library patron.

Since the tax deadline is looming on Friday, the lady was looking for a tax form. When I asked her which one she was looking for, she replied "it's the purple and white one." Me: "Do you know the number of the tax form?" Her: "I don't know, it's the purple and white one." Around and around we went in this same manner for quite a while. I suppose I'm a bad reference librarian because I never could find the purple and white tax form.

Then, by the time I got back to my office, it was almost 6:00 and my coworkers who I share an office with had left and locked me out of the office. Which of course had my purse and car keys in it. I was told that they had just left and maybe I could catch them. So, I went running out of there like a maniac and caught them in the parking lot. Phew! When I came back in a man was standing there looking at books and he complimented me on how fast I could run in high heels.

So, the moral of the story is that I may not be able to find purple tax forms, but I sure can sprint in high heels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home