Name:
Location: New Castle, Indiana

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Adventures in Fitness

So far, so good.

When I was in my late teens and early 20s, people told me that all the food I ate would catch up to me. I figured out that somewhere between 31 and 32, it found out where I live.

I've been a little blue lately and was seriously thinking about just not caring and getting really fat. But, then I decided that if I did that, I'd have to buy all new clothes. And as much as I like getting new clothes, I don't want it to be because I need a bigger size.

So, I decided that I'd start a running program. I've heard that running is the fastest way to lose weight. I started on Monday and I'm doing pretty good so far.

I thought that I would probably be too tired to run after work, so I decided that I would try to get up early in the morning and go before I go to work. I usually don't like to get up, so I wasn't sure how it would go. I'm doing pretty good though.

It's an eight week program (hopefully, I'll keep it up). If I can lose 1 lb per week, I'll be at a weight that I'm really happy with.

Since I got my new digi, I've been taking it with me in the mornings and taking pictures of interesting things while I'm walking/jogging. You can see my Flickr walk set by clicking on the picture at the left.

1 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Good luck with the running thing. I hate running because it makes my chest hurt, and I never feel like using my inhaler to prevent that. Asthma is a good excuse not to exercise, at least for now. And if I still have 8 good years on me to not have to care how I eat, I'm fine with that!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home