Name:
Location: New Castle, Indiana

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Progress is being made

The progress continues on the bedroom renovation. I was too tired to get online last night to post the most recent pictures. So, these are a day late.

We worked on taking the wallpaper off the walls last night. We finished 1 1/2 walls. It is pretty hard work because there are a couple of layers of wallpaper topped with several layers of paint. But, we're continuing to make progress. Just not as quickly as I'd like. But after both Brian and I have already worked a full day at our jobs, we get pretty tired coming home and working for another couple of hours. We actually got almost all the wallpaper off tonight. Brian had started by the time I got home from work. We had just a little bit left and he quit and took a shower while I finished. I was determined to not quit until it was all off. So, I was really pleased with myself when I had scraped off the last little bit. And then I turned around and looked at the door. I forgot that there was a little strip next to the door that we hadn't done. It's a really hard strip because the scrapers are too big to fit between the door and the corner, so I didn't have it in me to fight with it tonight. UGH!

One good thing about doing this manual labor is that I've been sleeping like a rock. I haven't woken up once in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, when the alarm goes off in the morning, I'm still tired. I was completely wiped out today. I didn't know if I was going to make it. I'm really tired now and could go to sleep. The only problem is...I don't have a bed. I'm ready to get this project done just so I won't be displaced anymore.

Walls Posted by Picasa

wall Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home