Name:
Location: New Castle, Indiana

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Librarians dancing on tables?

Evidently Angela and I shattered the stuffy, bun-wearing librarian stereotype at my library last week. A coworker just stopped by my office to inform me that it is going around the library that we were dancing on the table in the Teen Room on Friday. I had to tell her that it is partially true - we were dancing in the Teen Room - just not on the tables. I'm not sure if people are really saying that we were dancing on the tables, but it obviously is getting around that we were dancing and having fun.

The Friends of the Library generously donated money to purchase 2 DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) dancepads for Angela's teen programs. And, of course we had to test them to be sure they were working properly. We ended up drawing a little bit of a crowd.

Later that afternoon, she sent me a message saying that if I wanted to see something cool I should come up. She had restless teens in the library and had turned it on so they could play. There was this one kid who was incredible. I'm amazed at how quickly their minds can process seeing the arrows and getting their feet in the right place. Needless to say, he put us thirty-something librarians to shame.

2 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

I've been thinking about getting a PS so we can get DDR. I don't know if Todd would do it with me, but it would be great exercise!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Winnie said...

I know it is great exercise. I should do it every day. Plus, it's fun!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home