Name:
Location: New Castle, Indiana

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Verses of comfort and encouragement and the desires of my heart

I've been reading in Psalms recently. There have been a few verses that especially stood out to me this time. I know I have read them many times before, but this time they had special meaning for me.

I generally spend my quiet time reading the Bible and praying before I go to bed at night. So, as I was winding down from the day and trying to focus on the Lord, I read this verse:
Psalm 4:8 - I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
What a wonderful reminder it is to know that the Lord is protecting me at all times - even while I'm sleeping and because of His protection, I can sleep peacefully.

Then, the next night I read this verse:
Psalm 19:14 - May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
That is my prayer and my desire that the things I say and think about - the things that are close to my heart would be pleasing to the Lord. He is my Rock and I am so thankful that He is my Redeemer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home